"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" (John 8:58)

Behold The Man!

Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him. And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe, And said, Hail, King of the Jews! and they smote him with their hands. Pilate therefore went forth again, and saith unto them, Behold, I bring him forth to you, that ye may know that I find no fault in him. Then came Jesus forth, wearing the crown of thorns, and the purple robe. And Pilate saith unto them, "Behold the man"! (John 19:1-5 KJV)

Krystal Meyers - The Beauty of Grace

God Fast?

Originally Published: January 18, 2008

Like many believers, I strongly believe in the spiritual benefits of fasting. Though, admittedly, like many other Christians, I find this a very difficult spiritual discipline.

Recently, I learned that sometimes a fast can be God-initiated.

If you read this blog regularly, then you know that I haven’t written anything for a couple of months. It was during this period that I was introduced to this type of fast. Couldn’t eat, didn’t want to eat–no explanation. However, prior to this “fast” I had pleaded with the Lord to show me His purity so sin would be less appealing to me.

It was 8-10 days into this “God-fast” that I came under unbelievable spiritual attack. I tell you, it drove me to my knees and straight into the Cleft of the Rock–Jesus Christ!

I remember having come through this attack (purely by the grace of Almighty God), that it hit me one morning that I could eat again. I smiled up knowingly to God. Yes, eating again was okay.

I’m not sure all that this spiritual attack was meant to divinely produce in my life, but I can tell you I did get an answer to my previous prayer!

No, God didn’t “show” me his purity. Instead, He showed me my sinfulness!

When that happens, all you can do is call out to God and cry, “Lord! Save me!”

Thank God He did, He does, and I am confident He always will!

And, yes, I can write again, too!

No comments: